Friday, June 17, 2011

Obstacles of Potential

Well, here we go! We are on our way!

MWC’s board met, and we agreed to put in a bid on a home for the Amazing Grace Home.

This has been an incredible journey of prayer, faith, tears, learning, hoping dreaming, planning, doubting . . . just take all those things and repeat them over and over since 2003 and you get the picture. We hope to be able to share good news with you soon.

Our next prayer need is for house parents to live in the home and minister to the women. More details to come. Thanks for praying!

This came just at the right time from my friend Heather.

OBSTACLES OF POTENTIAL by Heather Berndt

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord. “Plans to prosper you not harm you … to give you a hope and a future.”

Several weeks ago, while planning my summer devotionals, I chose to share this verse this particular week. I had no idea that my week was going to be so heavy. I cannot help but smile at the fact that God knew what I would be dealing with and that I would need this verse this week to encourage me!

It can tend to be easy to share the “obstacles” in our every day life ... the stresses ... aches and pains ... financial worries. But we need to see these as opportunities, not barriers. We need to keep our focus on the warm face of our heavenly Father and remember that His word is truth and that what He says He will do. We can lean on that very solid foundation even when we feel helpless.

I realized that I need to focus on the fact that somewhere in the midst of my obstacles God is working for my personal good. So---Praise God for being in the midst of your storms! Praise Him for never leaving your side! Praise Him for His patience and compassion!

I am so thankful for a God who is becoming so very real to me through the obstacles in this life. Today as you evaluate your life and your situations ... praise Him! He is truly faithful and can be trusted. So hang in there, He is not finished yet!

No comments: