Monday, June 20, 2011

11 years later . . .

Mondays for me can go either way: completely bad or tremendously good. Today was one of those tremendously good, even fantastic days! I have been in the office by myself today, and things have been humming along nicely. Clients have been coming in, the phone has been ringing, and I have even had opportunity to catch up on email and paperwork.

Then, something wonderful happened! No, let me rephrase that, SOMEONE WONDERFUL walked in my door. Actually, 2 wonderful SOMEONES walked in my door! A former client and her 11-year-old daughter, Yvonne, stopped by to surprise us! She shared the following with me (and I'm sharing it with you with her permission):


I wanted to come by and say thank you. I was in a bad situation over 11 years ago, and I came here for help. You were all such an encouragement to me. I was a new immigrant to this country and was pregnant with my daughter. I was going through a bad time, and you ladies were so kind to me. I got all my baby stuff through your center.

You made a difference in my life, so we wanted to say thank you and please don’t get discouraged when it doesn’t seem like anyone is listening to you or when finances are low. The service you are doing was so helpful to me back then.

I wanted you to see my daughter today and to let you know about a special award she just received. She entered the 2011 Minnesota Twins Father of the Year contest through www.fathers.com and yesterday she was presented with her award at the Twins game. Today, my family is back together, and we wanted you to know that you made a difference. Keep on doing what you are doing!



By this time, I was bawling because I was so moved that she would take the time to share this story with us. This story is another reminder about why we do what we do!

Galatians 6:9
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.


No comments: