Monday, June 13, 2011

Are we ready to put action behind our rhetoric?

I would like to respond to this blog post by Kinsey Thurlow.

My dear friend Pastor Max Day of Brainerd once said, "A conviction without action is just a personal preference, but does nothing to change anything." I don't know if it is original to him or not, but it has been a constant reminder to me to let my "walk match my squawk" in regards to the life issues.

Even if Roe is overturned, the decisions about abortion laws will be returned to each individual state. While abortion may someday lose its nation-wide sanction, it will always be an ugly part of our society and culture. And one that demands a response from those of us who care about the lives of women experiencing challenging pregnancy situations.

Notice that I did NOT say "those of us who care about the lives of the unborn." We must remember that if we don't CARE about the woman - not the mother, but the woman - carrying that pregnancy, we don't get an opportunity to rescue the life of the unborn baby that is the pregnancy.

Those who love to portray life-preserving people as "fetus lovers" or "misogynists" (haters of women) must never be proven right by our failure to care for the woman.

No comments: