Thursday, March 27, 2008

Breaking Trail

Lately it seems that wrong is right and right is wrong more blatantly than ever in our culture. As Christians, we know it is going to be this way, but we must not give in or give up. I heard one time that a Christian puts on her (or his) battle fatigues when she accepts the Lord into her life and doesn't get to take them off until she is finally with the Lord at the time of earthly death.

My friend reminded me of Psalm 16:8 in a recent e-mail. In the Psalm, David prays, "I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." Verse 9 goes on to say, "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope." Whatever our mission field or spiritual battle, the LORD is in it with us. He is, in fact, going before us. It reminds me of this winter, going on a walk in the woods with a group of people after a heavy snow. Someone had to "break a trail". The leader had to take the first step to make a way for the rest of us to follow.

Be encouraged! The LORD is "breaking trail" for His children, and we can trust His leading!

Also, please pray for several women who are preparing to give birth!

No comments: