Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Support Life at the State Capital on January 22!

by Deb Prokop, SNMM speaker

On behalf of Silent No More Minnesota, I would like to encourage all of you to be a part of and join the March for Life on January 22nd, 2009 at the State Capital. We have a wonderful opportunity this year to join MCCL in this important event.

I am very passionate about this because of my participation at the National March for Life in Washington, DC last January 2008. When I got to the stage area before the march, they handed the men and women involved with Silent No More a VIP badge and asked us to stand on and next to the stage before the march began. Then they told us they wanted us to lead the march. I can tell you I was very humbled by all of this. Here I was, someone who had taken the life of my child, being asked to lead a pro-life march of over 200,000 people! “Why me Lord?”, I asked. The reply was that we, the women and men who know first-hand the pain abortion causes, need to hold our signs up as shields of faith (Ephesians 6:15), faith in what Christ did in our lives and that He will use all for His good purpose and glory. Then we marched up to the Supreme Court building, where Roe vs. Wade was signed, and gave our testimonies. I knew He was with us, telling us that even though we are in the capital of the world's most powerful nation, that nation's power is nothing compared to His power.

So I ask that you join us this day, to stand in faith and give Him glory for what He has done in our lives, to be examples for others hurting from or considering abortion.

“For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose.” Philippians 2:13

No comments: