Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Knowing the truth when the arguments make you weary

I got myself involved with an online thread (go all the way to the end--my posts start Jan. 2) over the holidays with a group of pro-choice folks, and it was very interesting.

The level of commitment to not acknowledging the simple truth about life beginning at conception or the consideration of anything getting in the way of a woman's "right" to choose was phenomenal. One writer questioned my query about abortion being rooted in selfishness, by responding that it was not selfish to "remove a 'being' from my body that never thought or felt". There was much back and forth about the science of fetal development and discussion of where rights come from. I shared my story and got blasted for it. It's interesting that there is judgment on that side for a woman who chose abortion more than once. Could that mean that even "choice" has limits? Interesting.

I have never done this type of conversation before; I learned a lot and would approach it a little differently if given the opportunity to be a part of one again.

My verse for today is:

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable." Isaiah 40:28

How appropriate! God never faints nor is weary of anything, and He has the ultimate answers to all of our questioning and conflicts.

------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: