Wednesday, November 5, 2008

10 things that remain the same

This is from my friend Jim White:

A word from the Word: "Ten things that remain the same"

November 5, 2008

Scripture Jeremiah 21; Romans 13.1-7

Verse for the day: Jeremiah 21:8 "And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death."

The election is over! If you listen to the "Pundits" it is either the dawn of a glorious "Day of Change", or it is the end of democracy and freedom as we know it. History will record the true story. The one thing that remains the same is God is still Sovereign of the universe and He still sits upon His Throne as described in Isaiah 6.

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work: Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

3. The Holy Spirit will still move: John 15.7-11

4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people. 35 verses; 425 times

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching: Ephesians 6.18-19

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
Ephesians 5.19 "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;"
Colossians 3.16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people:
Isaiah 44.3 "For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:"
Malachi 3.10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

8. There will still be room at the Cross.
Matthew 11.28 "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and I will give you rest"
John 7.37 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost.
Revelation 22:20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

People are funny; they want the front of the bus, the middle of the road, and back of the church.

No comments: