Thursday, August 28, 2008

Reflection


I took this picture of this tree in Duluth this summer. It reminds me of 2 things:

1. The branch turned a completely different direction than it had been going in the growth process. Why? Who knows?! The woman whose story is told in Harvest Report stated that she was a Christian, but she was looking only at her circumstances and was headed in the wrong direction. However, at a crucial moment, she turned back to what was right. Why? We know--the Word of God spoken by others reminded her of truth, and she responded. Praise the Lord!

James 5:19-20 says, "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins."

2. The crook on the tree branch also reminds me of being nestled in the shelter of the Lord's care.

Psalm 61:2-4 says, "From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings."

No comments: