Saturday, April 23, 2011

God Transforms Lives, Abortion Destroys Them



Last week I went to St. Paul and took pictures of the new Planned Parenthood facility that is being built. I am posting one here as a reminder for us to keep praying that this facility will be closed, even before it opens in December. As I looked at the “skeleton” of the building going up, I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I grieved for the unborn babies whose delicately forming skeletons will be destroyed inside that building. I prayed for individuals whose lives will be changed forever by entering that building and laying on an abortion table or taking abortion pills. And, I thought about the dads who will lose their opportunity to be fathers due to an abortion.

Then I considered Easter. The empty tomb signals Christ’s resurrection and victory over sin and death for all who will choose Him. As a post-abortive woman and now the mother of three grown sons, I have always been amazed that the Lord allowed me to bear children after aborting three times. After I repented of my sin of abortion in particular and of sin in general, God graciously welcomed me to Himself. He allowed life to emerge from a place where death had previously reigned, not only from my womb, but from my heart. For me, the empty tomb represents redemption and restoration. I trust that someday, all abortion clinics will be transformed into places of life, not death.

As I pondered Easter, I was filled with thankfulness to the Lord and for a moment I was peaceful. Then I became overwhelmed and even angry as it occurred to me: “Why is a large ‘tomb for babies’ being constructed right in the middle of our state’s capital city? What is wrong with us?” They are building a death camp, and we are allowing it!

Just as the stone in front of Jesus’ tomb was rolled away supernaturally, Planned Parenthood’s abortion “tomb” can be supernaturally changed from a place of death to a place of life. Transformations like this have happened before; consider the story of “72 Ransom” in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Click here to read the story and watch the video about how God turned the largest abortion clinic in that city into a place of life and hope.

It is interesting to note that the building was originally built in 1882 as a Jewish temple, Congregation Emmanuel, at a cost of $15,000. A place, purposely built for the worship of the Creator of Life, became a place where death and the god of ‘choice’ reigned for 10 years. I have personally visited 72 Ransom since its transformation from a place of darkness to one of light. It was overwhelming to be in a place where 20,000 children had been aborted. Though the building now houses the offices of LIFE International, the lower level has one room preserved just as it was: the abortion table and instruments standing undisturbed as a testament of the great evil that occurred there.

God transforms lives, Planned Parenthood destroys them.

No comments: