Friday, March 11, 2011

40 Days for Life – Minneapolis

This year I decided to participate in the 40 Days for Life campaign in Minneapolis. On Friday mornings from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. I am going to Regions Hospital with my “I Regret My Abortion” sign to pray and ask God to end abortion in our world. I know, we could pray anywhere, but there is something about being in front of a place where abortions are being committed that makes the carnage so real.


Today I was so blessed to be joined by two long time friends, Nancy H. and Karen M. who got up early and joined me on the sidewalk. We prayed and sang and asked God to change the hearts and the minds of those considering abortion; the doctors, nurses, staff and others involved in doing abortions; and the authorities that operate the clinic inside this major hospital. There were other prayers, but you get the idea.


At MWC we try to save babies in Minnesota, one woman at a time through direct client contact, but being on the sidewalk, praying to our God, is another expression of our commitment to LIFE. We must not stop loving and reaching out the those on the other side of this issue. As one person said, “Until abortion is gone out of our world, we must out-love and out-last the enemies of LIFE.”


So, if you would like to join me and others on the sidewalk on Friday mornings from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., please come, prayerfully and peacefully. If you would like to meet at our office in Crystal and ride over together, call the office at 763-533-8642 or email me at colleen@metrowomenscenter.org.

No comments: