Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Obama Rally

On June 3 a group of post-abortive men and women went to the rally at the Excel Center to offer information to people on the street about abortion and its effects on the African-American community specifically, and on all of us in general. We had some good conversations and some challenging ones. One woman told us she had just taken her daughter for an abortion and it was "the best thing they had ever done." I had a woman ask me if I was a "Democrat or Republican". When I told her I was a Christian and voted my conscience, she gave me a very disgusted look and walked away. Many people offered encouraging words . . . please pray for those who still need to accept the truth about abortion--that it has roots in eugenics. Google "Margaret Sanger quotes" to see what she has to say about "more from the fit, less from the unfit." Scary!

Read Abortion : A Major Crisis in the African-American Community
Since Roe vs. Wade, 13 million African American lives have been lost to abortion. 1452 abortions are performed daily on African American women.

Read African American Outreach An open letter from Dr. Alveda King to African-American leaders ... Abortion has swept through the Black community like a scythe...

No comments: